Since we use the band room in Franklin Middle School, we are required to follow policies established by Fairfax County Public Schools. Please read our requirements for preventing the spread of COVID-19:
- Must be fully vaccinated and boosted
- **Please respect other musicians’ comfort level with personal space
- Masks are now optional, per Fairfax County Public Schools’ guidelines
- If you are able to bring your own stand, that may not be a bad idea, but it is not required
- It is recommended that spit valves be emptied into an absorbent disposable material that can be discarded, but it is not required
Practices are every Tuesday from 7-9 PM at Franklin Middle School in the band room. View the next upcoming rehearsal on our Events calendar. The school is located south of Herndon, between the Udvar-Hazy Center and Franklin Farms area. Please see the map at the bottom of the page for detailed location information and directions.
In case of inclement weather, we follow the schedule of Fairfax County Public Schools. Please check their website for closures during adverse weather conditions.
Instructions for parking and finding the band room
Ample parking is available in the front of the school. To navigate to the band room, enter Door 2 (marked with a large “2”, to the left of the flag poles). Follow the hallway straight through the doors. The band room suite is the last door on the left.